The goal of meditation is not to force the mind into stillness. It is to simply witness the mind and gently return it to breath. Meditation trains awareness and it helps you gain a different perspective.
Remember – meditation is not about turning off your thoughts and feelings – its more about learning to observe and feel them without judgement.
One of the key components of THE MEGA SELF program is having a toolbox of strategies to reset the stress response in your body. Meditation is a tool to support you to move out of overwhelm and feelings of anxiety. A way of training your brain to come back to the now moment.
AIM OF MEDITATION AS PART OF THE MEGA SELF FRAMEWORK.
As part of the MEGA SELF framework the primary goal of a meditation practise is to –
- Use meditation as a tool for stress reduction.
- Create relaxation in your body and mind.
- Reset you into the bottom area of the triangle where you have more space and feel calmer.
- Help you slow down enough so you can feel and understand what is happening in your body.
- Help you change perspective of a challenge you might be facing.
Self-awareness is a key goal as part of THE MEGA SELF framework.
Ultimately, you want to start training the brain to move from a place of jumbled thoughts and overwhelm, into a calmer and more relaxed state.
BENEFITS OF MEDITATION AS PART OF THE MEGA SELF FRAMEWORK.
One of the most incredible benefits of meditation is having a tool to quieten the mind.
Here are some other powerful benefits:
- Help and support you to develop more self-awareness.
- Reduce negative emotions.
- Help you gain a different perspective when feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
- Bring you into the present moment.
- Help you feel calmer and more at peace.
- Help you understand and develop a connection to feelings in your body.
- Help you sleep better and switch off from screens.
TYPES OF MEDITATION RECOMMENEDED BY THE MEGA SELF PROGRAM.